Table of Contents
- 1 Vocabulary
- 2 To the Cuckoo Comprehension
- 3 Speaking Skill
- 4 Writing Skill
- 5 Think It Over
- 6 Additional Important Questions
- 7 To The Cuckoo Summary in English and Hindi
MP Board Class 10th English The Rainbow Solutions Chapter 4 To The Cuckoo Textbook Questions and Answers, Comprehension, or Summary.
|Subjects||English The Rainbow|
|Chapter||4 To The Cuckoo|
To the Cuckoo Comprehension
A. Answer the following questions in about 25 words.
B. Answer the following questions in about 50 words.
Think It Over
Things To Do
Go to the library and find poems written on birds, such as: the skylark, the eagle, the peacock, the nightingale etc. Keep a collection of such poems in your project book.
Additional Important Questions
I. Match the following:
1. Cuckoo – (a) shout
2. Twofold – (b) darling of the spring
3. Vale – (c) voice
4. Invisible – (d) wandering voice
5. Thrice welcome – (e) of sunshine and of flowers.
1. (d), 2. (a), 3. (e), 4. (c), 5. (b).
II. Pick up the correct choice:
A. I hear thee and ……………… (merry/rejoice)
B. Shall I call thee bird or a ………….. (strolling/wandering)
C. While I am lying on the (sand/grass), the two fold (shout/voice) I hear.
D. Though (bubbling/babbling) only to the Vale.
C. grass; shout
III. Write ‘True’ or ‘False’.
1. The poet hears threefold shout of the Cuckoo.
2. The Cuckoos shout seems to pass from hill to hill.
3. The Cuckoo babbles only to the vale of sunshine and flowers.
4. The poet calls the cuckoo the bringer of the spring.
5. The poet often roved through woods and on the green to seek the Cuckoo.
1. False, 2. True, 3. True, 4. False, 5. True.
IV. Fill in the following blanks:
1. I ________ thee and rejoice.
2. From ________ the cuckoos shout passes.
3. Thou bringest unto me a tale of ___ hours.
4. To seek thee did I often …
5. And thou were still a ., a love.
- hear, 2. hill to hill, 3.visionary, 4. rove, 5.hope.
V. Fill in the following blanks:
1. …………… (Twice/Thrice) welcome, darling of the Spring!
2. The same in my …………… (childhood/schoolboy) days.
3. And I can listen to ………….. (you/thee) yet.
4. And listen, till I do ……………… (get/beget) that golden time again.
- Thrice, 2.school boy, 3.thee, 4. beget.
B. Short Answer Type Questions (In about 25 words)
C. Long Answer Type Questions (In about 50 words)
To The Cuckoo Summary in English and Hindi
To the Cuckoo Introduction
The poet welcomes the cuckoo as a ‘Blithe Newcomer’. The bird’s song gives him immense joy. It moves him to supreme spiritual joy.
Hope you get help in doing homework if you have any issue so comment below we reply with solution.