In this article, we will share MP Board Class 12th English Grammar and Phonology Important part 1 Solutions. These solutions are solved by subjects experts from the latest MP Board Books.
MP Board Class 12th Special English Grammar and Phonology Important part 1
12th English Grammar and Phonology
Q.1. Do as directed (any five) (M.P. 2016)
- Ajay is a fast runner. He can run 100m ……..12 seconds. (a) into, (b) in , (c) to. (Write correct preposition)
- ………. European come to our school yesterday. (a) a, (b) in, (c) the. (Write correct article)
- She is never late. (M.P. 2018) (Change into affirmative sentenece)
- They decided it. They should go. (Rewrite using second sentence as an infinitive phrase)
- He said to me, “you can never get his help.” (Change into indirect speech)
- This news surprised me. (Change into passive vouice)
- She is always late.
- They decided to go.
- He told me that I could never get his help.
- I was surprised by the news.
Q.2. Disjoin the following sentences to form two sentences: (M.P. 2019)
- If you ring the bell, the servant will come.
- You will catch the train, if you hire a taxi.
- I shall come and see you, if I have time.
- If my father allows me, I will come to the party.
- you go to town, will you buy something for me?
- if you step on the dog’s tail, it will bite you.
- We shall be pleased, if our school wins.
- the soldiers will fight bravely, if they understand the orders.
- If he buys a motorcycle for Rs. 10,000 and sells it for Rs. 12,000 he’ll make a good profit.
- Ring the bell. The servant will come.
- Hire a taxi. You will catch the train.
- I have time. I shall come and see you.
- My father allows me. I will come to the party.
- You go to town. Will you buy something for me?
- Step on the dog’s tail. It will bite you.
- Our school wins. We shall be pleased.
- The soldiers understand the orders. They will fight bravely.
- he buys a motorcycle for 10,000 and sells it for rs. 12,000. He’ll make a good profit.
MP Board 12th English Grammar and Phonology Solutions
Q.3. Fill in the blanks with appropriate non-finites:
- She refused………. with me.
- They offered ………..after our children when we were away.
- Not many people can afford….. a car.
- She appeared …… done the deed.
- She is difficult……..
- He came specially …… me.
- I have never known him ………. his temper.
- She ws ill. I advised her ….. a doctor.
- She decided ….. a nurse.
Answers: (1) to play, (2) to look, (3) to maintain, (4) to have, (5) to understand, (6) to see, (7) to lose, (8) to see, (9) to be.
Q.4. Insert the adverbs given in brackets in their correct places:
- He walked. (afterwards, slowly, away)
- They stayed. (all day, quietly, there)
- I shall meet you. (outside your office, tomorrow, at 2 o’ clock)
- Our teacher spoke to us. (in class, this morning, very rudely)
- He played. ( at the townhall, last night beautifully, in the concert)
- We are going. (for a week, to national, on Saturday)
- He gave up his claim (recently, reluctantly, at the meaning
- Their son was born. (in the year 2006, at 10:00 a.m., on 7th june)
MP Board 12th English Grammar and Phonology (Answers:)
- Afterwards he walked away slowly.
- They stayed there quietly all day.
- I shall meet you tomorrow outside your office at 2 o’clock.
- This morning our teacher spoke to us very rudely in the class..
- last night he played beautifully in the concert at the townhall.
- We are going to National for a week on Saturday.
- Recently he gave up his claim reluctantly at the meeting.
- Their son was born at 10:00 a.m. on the 7th June in the year 2006.
MP Board 12th English Grammar and Phonology
Q.5. Fill in the blanks with suitable determiners: 12th English Grammar and Phonology
- Rohit came to my house. He asked me hoe _much_ money I had . I told him that had _little_ money which I had saved from my pocket money. he told me that he needed _some_ money to buy a book on current affairs.
- There was a knock at my door. When I opened _the_ door. I saw _a_ stranger with _a_ tool bag in his hand. I didn’t allow him to enter _my_ room as I had never seen him earlier.
- Amir is _an_ honest man. He never accepts money as bribe. According to him honesty is the best policy.
- could you lend me _some_ money ? (some/any) (MP 2011)
- _A_ man bought _an_ ox and sold it in _the- open market. But he got only _a little_ money from the sale.
Q.6. Change The following into Passive Form, without mentioning the agent:
- The audience loudly cheered the Mayor’s speech.
- Somebody cleans the room everyday.
- people don’t use this road very often.
- they have cancelled the flight because of fog.
- They are building a new ring road round the city.
- this news surprised me. (M.P. 2011)
- People expect better results this time. (M.P. 2014,20)
- Mr. Abhishek taught English. (M.P. 2015,19)
- The Mayor’s speech was cheered by loudly.
- The room is cleaned everyday.
- This road is not used very often.
- The flight has been cancelled because of fog.
- A new ring road is being built round the city.
- I was surprised by this news.
- better results are expected at this time.
- English was taught by Mr. Abhishek.
MP Board 12th English Grammar and Phonology Solutions
II. Now form similes by filling the gap with the appropriate words.
- He walks fast like a……
- Her skin is white like a……
- The bed was hard like an …..
- The boy is slow like a….
- He is strong like an
- It is hard like a …
- The boy is brave like a ….
- The dog is hungry like….
- The night-guards are watchful like a …..
- The child is playful like a………
Answers: (1) rabbit, (2) snow, (3) armour, (4) snail, (5) ox, (6) rock, (7) lion, (8) wolf, (9) dog, (10) squirrel .
Q.7. Form the similes by filling the gap with appropriate words:
- He walks fast like……
- Her skin is white like a…..
- The bed was hard like an…
- It is hard like a….
Answers: (1) leopard, (2) feather, (3) iron sheet, (4) stone.
Q.8. Fill in thee blanks in the following sentences with modal verbs:
- I think you should take an umbrella. It….. rain. (future possibility)
- You ………pay income tax. (obligation)
- You…….leave now. (permission)
- Be careful with that gun. It ………be loaded. (possibility)
- ……… you speak English well? (ability) (M.P. 2019)
- I …. come tomorrow. (future promise)
- ……….you please close the door? (request for action)
- If you want to catch train you …….. start at once. (desirability)
- You …… not talk in the library. (prohibition)
- You …….. not to worry about me. (M.P. 2015)
- The teacher said to him, ‘You ……. do your homework again’. (absence of obligation)
Answers: (1) may (2) must, (3) can, (4) may, (5) can, (6) will, (7) would/will, (8) should, (9) must, (10) need, (11) need not.
MP Board Class 12th English Grammar and Phonology Important part 2