In this article, we will share MP Board Class 10th Social Science Book Solutions Chapter 14 Main Challenges Before Democracy Solutions with pdf. These MP Board Solutions are solved by subjects experts.
Table of Contents
Objective Type Questions:
Question 1. Multiple Choice Questions:
(Choose the correct answer from the following)
The population of India is –
(a) 10.28 Million
(b) 10.28 Billion
(c) 1028 Crore
(d) Nope of these.
(b) 10.28 Billion
According to 2001 census, the percentage of literacy in India is – (MP Board 2009)
The running of weapons is related to –
(b) Non – Violence
(d) Religious tolerence
(d) Religious tolerence (10th Social Science Chapter 14 question answer pdf)
Causes of unemployment in India is – (MP Board 2009)
(a) Fast growth of population
(b) Defective education system
(c) Use of modern technology in industries
(d) All of these
(d) All of these (Main Challenges Before Democracy solutions pdf)
Question 2. Fill in the blanks:
- ……………. unemployment is the latest form of unemployment.
- Criminalisation of politics is the great threat of our ……………..
- …………….. are injurious to health.
- The male literacy rate of India is ………………
- The literacy rate in Madhya Pradesh is ……………….
- Compulsory and free education to all children comprising the ………………. years age group.
- Region used for personal goles is called ………………
- Communalism. (MP Board Class 10th Solutions)
Question 3. True and False type questions:
- As per the census 1901, the country’s population was 23.8 crores.
- Population explosion hampers the economic growth.
- Mahatma Gandhi started the strong compaign to check drug addition.
- There is a ban on untouchability according to our society.
Question 4. Match the column:
- Communalism (a) Region
- Casteism (b) Religion
- Literacy (c) Reservation
- Regionalism (d) Education
Answer in One – Two Words or One Sentence:
What is Minorities?
The religious groups in a country which are very less in numbers.
What do you mean by Regionalism?
The attachment to a particular region and state by its people based on language, culture and economic interests. (Main Challenges Before Democracy imp questions answers pdf)
What is meant by Separatism?
Withdrawing from the national mainstream and forming a separate group or state.
What are the Linguistic States?
The states formed on the basis of languages spoken by people of that area.
What is Casteism?
A system which is based on division of society on the basis of castes.
What do you mean by Untouchability?
A social system which prohibits the mixing with lower castes with people of lower caste.
MP Board Class 10th Social Science Chapter 14 questions answers Solutions
What is Scheduled Caste?
The castes listed with government as lower castes for whom special provisions have been made for their upliftment.
How can the evil of casteism removed?
The evil of casteism can be removed by forming strong public opinion and expression against the casteism.
Very Short Answer Type Questions
What is adult education?
All the adults who could not get opportunity of going to school are persued to literate themselves by the programmes of education adopted by various private and government agencies.
What is non – formal education?
The education which is not necessarily imparted in the classrooms with the scheduled time table. The education outside the school with the available resources and without routine school hours is called non – formal education.
What were the forms of untouchability prevelent in the society past?
Untouchables will not be given education, they could not eat with others, they could not live with the common people in the village. They could not even use the village well or tap.
What is Scheduled Tribes?
The tribal people who have been regarded as undeveloped socially and economically and for whom special provisions have been made by the government. (Main Challenges Before Democracy solutions pdf)
What meaning is now given to the term ‘Regionalism’?
The common meaning attached to the word region today is the unity based on languages as well as culture and economic interests. Preaching and propagting this type of feeling is called Regionalism. (MP Board 10th Social Science Solutions)
Are the regional aspirations always wrong?
No. In a democracy if the regional economic disparities are glaring, it is worthwhile to raise voice for the economic equality. It becomes bad only when the vested interests make political capital out of it and harbour the feeling of separatism.
How does economic inequality hinder the proper functioning of democracy in India?
Economic disparity is a big hurdle in the way of democracy. It breeds the feeling of regionalism and resulting hatred and ill wills for each other.
Short Answer Type Questions
What are the three major social challenges before our society?
The three major social challenges before our society are:
- Women’s social inequality and economic dependence.
- Untouchability, resulting in the traditional social, economic and political opperssion and suppression of the so called untouchables.
- Mass illiteracy which needs to be eradicated so that each individual understands the value of rights and obligations towards the society.
Write a short note on unemployment?
When one is ready to do a job but fails to get one, it is called unemployment. This is a very grave problem which robs a man of all that is good in him. This problem should be tackled by setting up more and more industrial units, by imparting technical education to the youngmen, by helping the educated unemployed to start their own business establishments or mini – workshops.
MP Board 10th Social Science Chapter 14 imp questions answers Solutions
Describe how Nepotism and Bribery are a challange to Indian democracy?
Nepotism and Bribery reduce the efficiency of the government. This also results in frustration for the common man because he may not get his due as he has no powerful connections and is incapable of greasing the plam. This leads to violence and problems among the youth. Besides, people begin to curse the government for its failure to curb these mal – practices and loose faith in the democratic government. (Main Challenges Before Democracy questions )
Write four reasons why terrorism is resorted to?
- Political objectives
Long Answer Type Questions
What is meant by untouchability? How does it hinder the growth of our country?
One of the worst outcome of the caste system is called untouchability. This means that the people of upper caste would not even touch those of the lower caste. These people were not allowed to sit, eat and share their problems with the upper class people. It was the most inhuman aspect of Indian society. It hampers the growth and development of the society in the following ways:
1. A large section of the society is deprived of their right to contribute to the building of the society and the nation. Their talents and force go waste.
2.The people get divided into different castes that causes formation of different classes in the society. This harms to a great extent the unity of the country. Particularly in a country like India it has most damaging effects.
3. In a society based on castes, people tend to caste their votes at the time of election on caste basis. This deepens the gap between different castes. They can never come together.
What are the main causes of unemployment among the tribes of India?
The people in the tribal regioins are uneducated. Inspite of the number of developmental schemes initiated by the government the tribals and other backward communities do not avail the .facilities. This is the reason that most of the people in these communities are unemployed. The problem of unemployment is due to the following reasons: (10th Social Science Chapter 14 question answer)
1. Industry is underdeveloped in our country. It is more in the . case of small scale and cottage industry. Nobody wants to invest money in the tribal area of the country because basic infra – structural facilities are lacking in these regions.
2. India as a whole suffers from paucity of capital. Moreover, it is not profitable to invest in the tribal regions unless government support is available.
3. The tribals therefore live by hunting and fishing. Members of these communities work as labours where factories have been opened but most of them do not get a settle and permanent job.
How is the spirit of communalism detrimental to national unity?
Communalism means considering one’s own religion stiperior to that of others and to hate other religions. This type of feeling is a big hinderance in the way of the national unity of our country. The spirit of communalism is detrimental to national unity because:
1. Communalism results in riots and breach of peace National unity cannot be maintained under such circumstances.
2. Communalism gives rise to hatred and differences which harm the unity of the country. This sort of feeling is a grave danger to the democracy as well.
3. National unity is maintained with the feeling of respect for each other’s religion, caste, community and religion. Tolerance is a great virtue which is the essence of democratic norms and ideas. India is a secular state. It is as much as country of the Muslims, as of Christians Hindus and others who have been borned in India and are living here.
Write what measures should be adopted to arrest population growth?
Steps to Solve the Problem of Population Growth:
The only way to arrest population growth in India is to drastically control the birth rate. The Government has formulated a population policy1 to arrest the growth of population in the country. Following steps are being taken in this direction:
- Family planning programme has been implemented and constant propaganda and publicity is being done for its success. (Main Challenges Before Democracy chapter 14 solutions)
- Family Planning centres have been set up in cities and villages.
- The age of marriage has been increased to 18 years for girls and 21 years for the boys.
- Family planning programmes are being pfomoted and training programmes are being organised to make the programme effective.
- Promotion of the philosophy of two children family.
- Pay attention towards basic maternity facilities.
- Immunisation and vaccination against certain diseases.
- Pay more attention towards women education.
- To associate social institutions in the family planning programme.
for more MP Board Solutions follow on (Google News) and share with your friends.