In this article, we will share MP Board Class 12th English Solutions Chapter 3 A Father’s Letter Pdf, These solutions are solved subject experts from the latest edition books.
Table of Contents
MP Board Class 12th English The Spectrum Solutions Chapter 3 A Father’s Letter (William Hazlitt)
A Father’s Letter Exercises From The Text-Book
Fill in the following blank spaces with dis- or un- before the given verbs–
[prove, agree, connect, veiled, load]
- I almost always find that I disagree with his opinion.
- I am sure he is lying but it’s going to be hard to disprove his story.
- After a brief speech, the Queen unveiled the new statue.
- It took the men an hour to unload our things from the van.
- His phone was disconnected because he didn’t pay his last bill.
MP Board Solutions
A Father’s Letter: Comprehension
Answer the following questions
Why does the author choose this occasion to advise his son? 
The author chooses this occasion because his son is going to settle at school. This may be his first entrance into the world.
What happens if we prejudge people and future events? [2009, 11, 13, 18]
If we prejudge people and future events, it is a bad reasoring and makes enemies of half the world. We should not think ill of them, till they behave ill of us.
What reasons does the father give his son for the hostile behavior of his schoolmates?
The father tells his son that the schoolmates are hostile because they are strangers to him. They knew as little of him as he did of them. Till now. the son was the leader among the boys. Now the other boys are his equals.
What is the best way to disarm hostility? [2009, 11, 12, 16, 17]
Do not think ill of others. Try to avoid the faults which you see in them. Never conceive a prejudice against others. This is the best way to disarm hostility.
What should we never despise anyone for?
We should never despise anyone for anything that he cannot help-least of all, for his poverty. In fact, we should never despise anyone at all. If we have contempt for others, it means that we are glad on the failings and misfortunes of others.
What is the difference between playmates and schoolmates? [2015, 17]
Playmates are friends who play with us. Schoolmates are friends who are with us in school.
MP Board Solutions
What is the author’s opinion on things and people we are yet to see and know?
We should never conceive prejudice against others because we know nothing of them. We should not think ill of them. We should also not anticipate evils. We should not expect things as we wish.
What, according to the author, does contempt imply?
According to the author, contempt implies a triumph over and pleasure in the ill of others. It means that you are glad and congratulate yourself on others’ failings or misfortunes.
What is the difference between life at home and life at school?
The differences are as under
- Exposure to the school is much more than it is in the house.
- You may do as you please at home while in school you find competitors.
- You are dependent on your parents at home while you have to take independent decisions at school.
Explain ‘True quality is the only true morality or true wisdom’. [2011, 12]
It means that we should believe in qualities in life. We should not be full of pride. We should remember that there are other people in the world besides ourselves. If we are able to live with values in the world, we need no lesson. Quality gives us the power to teach others directly or indirectly. Such a life becomes a model for others.
How does school life prepare a child to face the outside world?
School life prepares a child to face the outside world in the following ways :
- A child in school faces different kinds of people.
- A child gets used to unavoidable situations which prepare him for the life outside.
- A child learns to take decisions which help him for the outer world.
- A child faces many competitors which help him to face life.
- A child loses that protection in school which he enjoys in home. This prepares him to take on the world.
MP Board Solutions
A Father’s Letter: Language Practice
A. Fill the following sentences with ‘some or’ none of or ‘all’
- All cars have wheels.
- None of this money is mine.
- Some of the people I work with are very friendly.
B. Complete the following sentences Use a / an / one. Use the words below
better, big, clean, different, new, old.
- This cup is dirty. Can I have a clean one?
- I’m going to sell my car and buy a new one.
- That’s not a very good photograph but this is a better one.
- I want today’s newspaper. This is an old one.
- This box is too small. I need a big one.
- Why do we always go to the same restaurant? Let’s go to a different one.
C. Fill in the sentence with ‘no’, ‘any’ or ‘none’
- There aren’t any pictures on the wall.
- The weather was cold but there was no wind.
- I wanted to buy some oranges but they didn’t have any in the shop.
- Everything was correct. There were no mistakes.
- How much luggage have you got? None.
D. ill the sentences with ‘every ‘or all’
- Babita watches TV for about two hours every evening.
- The weather was nice yesterday, so we sat in the garden all afternoon.
- My sister likes cars. She buys a new one every year.
- Pintu gets up at 6:30 every morning.
- I saw Gita at the party. She wasn’t very friendly. She didn’t speak to me all evening.
E. Fill the following sentences with Some / AIV Most. Probably you will also need ‘of’-
- All children like playing.
- Most of this money is yours.
- Most of the shops in the city centre close at 6:30.
- You can change your money in some banks.
- He’s lost some of his money.
- All birds can fly.
- I enjoyed most of the film but I didn’t like the ending.
- Some sports are very dangerous.
- We can’t find anywhere to stay. All the hotels are full.
- The weather was bad when we were on holiday. It rained all the time.
A Father’s Letter Summary in Hindi
प्रस्तुत अध्याय एक पिता द्वारा अपने पुत्र को लिखे गये पत्र के रूप में है। पिता द्वारा यह पत्र उस समय लिखा गया है जब उसका पुत्र स्कूल में प्रवेश ले रहा है। पिता ने अपने पुत्र को इस पत्र में अनेक शिक्षाप्रद बातें कहीं हैं। पत्र में सदैव आशावान रहने की सीख दी गयी है। जिन स्थितियों को आप बदल नहीं सकते, उन्हें सहन करने की सीख दी गयी है। यह भी शिक्षा दी गयी है कि कभी भी भविष्य को खराब मानकर नहीं चलना चाहिए। दूसरों के प्रति पूर्वाग्रह से ग्रसित नहीं होना चाहिए। उनमें निहित बुराइयों को दूर करने की कोशिश करनी चाहिए। कभी भी किसी की गरीबी का मजाक नहीं बनाना चाहिए। दूसरों के कष्ट में आनन्द नहीं उठाना चाहिए। हमें दुनिया से उतना सब प्राप्त करने की उम्मीद नहीं करनी चाहिए जो हमें अपने माता-पिता से प्राप्त होता है। सच्चा गुण ही सच्ची बुद्धिमत्ता है। जीवन की चुनौतियों व कष्टों का सामना करो वह भी बिना शिकायत के।
for more MP Board Solutions follow on (Google News) and share with your friends.